Wednesday, August 14, 2013

MOMMY

The language of Christianity is not primarily the language of morals.  God isn't your mommy saying, 'Clean up your room.  Drink all your milk.  Look both ways before you cross the street.'  

No.  the language of Christianity is about substitution.  Jesus stood in our place - for our sins.  He made Himself to be sin for us.  He who had never known sin did that.  He did for us what we could never do for ourselves.

This truth is absolutely scandalous - that while our sin is deep, His love and grace look the other way and are deeper still.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know we, as human beings, are bound to trip up...sometimes, many times...but we can't just willfully disobey God and not ask for forgiveness. A long time ago I heard another Christian refer to this as 'greasy grace'. When a Christian deliberately sins, all the while knowing they will be forgiven. Not just once, but continually.

I know when I was sinning, I knew that what I was doing was wrong and I grew further away from God. I didn't expect Him to forgive me if I was going to choose this sin over my relationship with Him.

I don't know, maybe I am missing something. If I am, can you explain it to me?