Wednesday, August 28, 2013

DREAM

Today is the 50th Anniversary of Martin Luther King, Jr's famous 'I have a Dream' speech.  It will forever be remembered as one of the catalytic messages of our century.

Dreams are the things futures are made of.

If your dreams are only as big as you, you don't have a very big God. But when you're walking with the Spirit, you attempt something that could never be done in the power of the flesh.  You try something you know you're bound to fail at unless God shows up.

Ephesians 3:20 - 'God, by His mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of, infinitely beyond our highest dreams, thoughts or hopes.'  (TLB)

But you have to look up in order to see that.

There are people who put their dreams in a little box and say, 'Yeah, I have dreams.  Of course I have dreams.'  Then they put the box away and bring it out every once in awhile and look inside and ... 'Yep, they're still in there.'

God doesn't want that for you or me.  We have so much to do for Him.

And here's how you know if it's really God's dream or not.  God's dream makes a difference in the lives of people.  His dreams are never selfish dreams.  If you just want to have a great job or make some money and live in a nice house and drive a nice car and retire early -- that isn't God's dream.

Just know that.  It isn't.

But if you want to make some money in order to give it away to serve the Kingdom of God -- to retire early so you can start a new career God might be calling you to -- that dream could be from God.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what my "dream' is for my life. Yes, being a freelance writer sounds very interesting (as long as I have an editor to proofread my grammatical mistakes) But seriously...normally, I just wanted to be able to pay my bills and eat every month. Even that seemed to be out of reach for a bit, but God does provide.

SO....now what? I have it covered, plus my tithes to Him in gratitude for my life and all it entails. Literally for my life...He didn't let me die.

I think it would be amazing to give generously to so many causes and needs. It would make life meaningful to help others in any way I could. The thing is, I don't want to be driven and focused on money in order to do it. I NEED my time to spend with God and other interests that I have. They make my life interesting. I want to make a difference in the capacity I am in now. Maybe more down the line. Who knows?

PK, do you think it is irresponsible not to have savings to fall back on or for retirement? I will build up a savings again, but I have a bleak retirement ahead of me. I believe that God won't let me have no roof over my head or food to eat. I trust Him.

I know God has a plan and a dream for me. Hopefully, He'll show me, because I don't really have a goal in mind. Kind of embarrassing actually. Like 'What do I want to be when I grow up?' :/ Help me, Lord....I'm lost on this one.