Sunday, August 25, 2013

DISGUSTED

When was the last time God got disgusted with you?  Can you recall that moment?

One of the reasons we're not more passionate about God -- to walk with Him and experience Him and know Him is that we don't think we're good enough for Him.  And on that particular point, you've believed correctly.  You aren't good enough.

It isn't you at your worst God has a problem with - it's you at your best.  Because all your good and holy acts are like filthy rags to Him.

When you nail it, you disgust Him.  When you got up today at 4:30 a.m. and had your devotions over a cup of coffee and then prayed for 30 minutes and journaled your God-thoughts, it's on the day you think you 'scored' that God says: 'You fell short.'

'You aren't good enough.  Nor will you be tomorrow.'

So let me affirm the thought that you aren't good enough.  Nor will you be tomorrow.  Should you save the world from the nuclear holocaust and win your entire city to Christ - should you discover the serum that cures cancer and AIDS and should you sell everything you own and give it to the poor - God will say, 'It isn't enough to redeem yourself.'

The only reason you and I are standing intact and upright with the righteousness of God as our robe is because of the goodness and grace of the cross of Christ.  This is the only road to salvation, holiness and being like Jesus.  It is the only path to 'Well done.'

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PK, I am not trying to be argumentative with you. I am sure you may know better than I...but, I don't think God is disgusted with me at all. That is such a harsh word. I do know that Jesus is the only one who can redeem me in God's sight, but I am a child of God. I think He loves me. I know we could argue the semantics of it all, though.

I read a book that I have called 'Falling in Love with Jesus'. In it, a woman is speaking to her friend. She said, "I know God loves us all, but I think He loves me best!" She didn't mean it in an arrogant way. It was beautiful. If we ALL could have that feeling of being loved by God the 'best', it would be impossible not to draw even closer to Him.

As sinful as I can be, I want to be 'The apple of my Father's eye' and to be cherished as a part of His family.

I understand your point, but I reject the premise. Sorry. I rarely disagree with you, so cut me some slack...haha.

Anonymous said...

It is basking in the sunlight of God's love that I can be more than I thought I could be. When I pray to Him that way He answers and helps me to shine and share His love with the people I come into contact with. That's what being a Christian is all about.