Wednesday, July 24, 2013

TRACTOR

There's a guy with a tractor.  He can drive it out to the field and pretty much take his hands off the wheel and the tractor will guide itself.  Know why?  Because of the ruts it's made over time.  He doesn't even have to steer much if he doesn't want to.

Likewise, the ruts of your mental life will take you to the same places they've always taken you.  Every time.

You have to grab the wheel ...


If you want to be the man or woman God has called you to be, you have to grab the wheel and with a little exertion - not even a lot - turn it in God's direction so you get out of the rut and get to a new place.

And if you do that, where you'll end up is with a transformed and a renewed mind.

Isn't that what you really want deep down?

And be blessed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There actually are connectors in your brain that can become hard-wired when we use them so much. The more you use them, the more entrenched they become. So, you really can transform your mind if you change your thoughts.

Anyway, I was really stuck in a bad place mentally and physically several months ago. I was in a rut, to be sure. But now it seems that each day I am making progress in my life for the better. Today was one more step in the right direction! I got a job! It is not high-paying, but if I work as though I am working for the Lord, it will be a good job. Just being out among a lot of people means I can spread a little light and goodness to others. I can be a good witness for Jesus!

It is hard these days to find work, so I am so grateful to God for this opportunity. He always provides!

So, I am ready to step out of my rut and head in a new direction! My life will be what I make of it with God's help!

PK's BLOG said...

I agree there are mechanisms in the brain to physically and mentally help you change and transform your thoughts. The problem is, when a tough road comes, which it will, we need the power of GOD in this process. He's the One who really makes the difference.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can attest to that. As you know, PK, there was a time in the past when I had given up on life. God saved me and He saw me thru some of my darkest days. It took time, but He has made my journey so much better than it used to be. I know that there will be hard times again, but if He can see me thru that time, then I have great faith in Him for my future.

Anonymous said...

Need help pk. Tryin to figure out pauls answer for anxiety amd live it also doublemindedness exists in a world that christian beliefs and actions don't exist even from self comfessed christians who happen to be in power over me in workplace. Litterally working at crazyland with false people claiming to ne christians but acting in ungodly manners

PK's BLOG said...

Philippians 4:8