Tuesday, June 18, 2013

SINCERE

People sometimes ask how and why we talk about God as if we actually knew Him - like we know He's there - and how do you know that for sure.

Lots of people think about God.  They wonder about Him.  They discuss and debate Him, thinking they'd like to know beyond doubt that He's real, but they do it from an intellectual base.

But God said if you really want to know Him and who He is, you can.  If you seek Him, you'll find Him.  He isn't hiding.

So I'm asking: 'Do you want to know Him?'

If so, just ask Him to show you.  Tell Him you want to know Him.  Ask Him to find you.  He'll hear you if you do that.  And He'll be found by you.

Just do it from a sincere heart.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes...I have found that the times in my life when it seemed that God was far away, it was because I drifted off in another direction. In retrospect, I realized that He truly was there the whole time. The things that happened during that time were in preparation for something better.

It hasn't been too awfully long since I have been closer to God and back to church. Once I saw the perfect way that God brought the right circumstances for me to come back to Him, it was SO easy.

He has shown me in so many ways that He is directing my steps. I am headed in a good, challenging, fascinating, helpful and fulfilling way. It seems that He is leading me in a way that is infinitely better than anything I can remember. I think that if you are searching for a good and positive path, then He will help that to happen. I know He's there because I feel it in my heart and know it in my mind...He shows me and tells me.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to add how I know it is God leading me. Many people pray and are still and wait for God's whisper to tell them. Honestly, that most often doesn't work for me. I find my mind wandering. What does work with me is seeing, hearing or reading something. I'll have a sermon or blog post or a friend saying something and I know it is Him. Sometimes, it is something I hear from more than one place. Other times it just fits "me" and it shows me how He knows everything about me. He knows my strengths and gives me encouragement to follow them.

I'm not sure if anyone is wondering how to KNOW He is real and there, but these are my signs. I think a lot of us have that little voice inside that tells us when something happens...yes, this is true.