Monday, May 6, 2013

VIEW

Jesus defines God for us.  He is a God of outrageous and inexplicable love.  He is for us, not against us.  He isn't mad at us.  He isn't ignoring us.  He isn't complacent toward us.  He has approached undeserving people like us and - inscrutably - loves them.

These cues we take from Christ.

We can take them from nowhere else.  Not from our own understanding - not from our own experience - not from our own philosophizing - not from our own interpretation.  If we take our cues from anyone or anything other than Jesus, we will continue misconstruing God, ourselves and everyone around us.

'Our best view of God comes only thru Jesus.'

Our best view of God comes only thru Jesus, so enjoy the view.

And blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Jesus is our role model. I remember way back when I first went to a class at JC for new believers. The man who taught it said tht Jesus was God in human form. I will never forget that time. It seriously was the first time I had heard that.

I always heard that Jesus was the Son of God, but I always thought we are ALL children of GOD. I never truly used to know exactly what it meant. It is so much more than that.

I also have been blessed to have "Jesus with skin", someone who models Jesus in his own way. That would be you. It is so nice to have that guidance and I thank you for that.