Wednesday, May 15, 2013

SUNDAYS

I was reading an article interviewing a relatively famous person today.  It almost seemed that the famous person had 'everything' wrong in her answer.

Question:  What are Sundays like for you?
Answer:  'I'll have four TVs on so I have company in every room.  I'll put on a 'Sex in the City' marathon, 'Millionaire Matchmaker' or the Kardashians.  I always make a Sunday dinner.  I enjoy cooking.  But we don't eat together.  I usually dip into the pot, so by the time I'm plating I'm already full.  My little boy eats at the computer and my husband eats when he gets around to it.  You have to grab family time when you can, but sitting together at the table is not something we do.'

Wow.

Let's create a response completely opposite to that one:
Question:  What are Sundays like for you?
Answer:  'We go to church together (you can come Saturday to Journey Church though).  When we get home we keep the TV off.  We make computers off-limits on Sundays and we make it a habit to sit around the table and talk and eat together.'

Which sounds healthier to you?

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They all are missing out on so much. Esp the little boy! He is being neglected by his parents. Also, her choice of tv fare is appalling. I assume if she has 4 tv's on that she is exposing her son to that. Based on that, what kind of man will he turn out to be? It sounds like it is a household of ME FIRST. So sad. I know I am not supposed to judge unbelievers, but I feel sorry for the boy...and even the adults. What kind of life is that?

As far as the second family, I can say that I do not refrain from the computer on Sat....and I hazard a guess you don't either. However, I live alone, so it isn't an issue. When our family was together, we ate together, but our favorite family nights were when we went out to dinner and talked, then to a movie. Those days were fun. We all enjoyed them. Good times!

PK's BLOG said...

I don't refrain from the computer now, no - but when i had three kids at home, i most certainly did.

Anonymous said...

Oh ok...good for you! I knew you were a good Dad, no doubt. Wish I had a Dad like you.