Tuesday, May 28, 2013

DEBT

The apostle Paul said he had an obligation to reach others.  He was literally saying, 'I have a debt to pay.'  

It's the kind of debt when you see a house on fire or you see someone drowning, you have no option.  It isn't a choice; you can't just sit back.

Paul said since Christ owned him, he owed Christ to the world.

Every saved person this side of heaven owes the Gospel to every lost person this side of hell.  We have an obligation to folks who don't know this Gospel.  We have no option.

Do we believe that?

Be very careful, because if we do, it forever changes the way we do church.  It forever changes what we focus on and what we complain about.  It forever changes the way we lead our lives and our families.  It forever changes the way we spend our time and resources.

'We have an obligation to folks who don't know this Gospel.'

When we realize we are obligated to all people - when we realize we have a debt to pay - we spend our lives paying it.

This is why we're here.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I were wealthy. There are so many things I would give to.

I am torn between two very good options. I keep running into "signs" from God as to which way to go. It has to be God, right?

In one instance I can help save someone's earthly life, so they don't end up going to hell before they ever have a chance to hear the Gospel. If I turn away, one more person will be lost physically and eternally. Seems like a no-brainer, but it's not.

My other option is to put all of my resources (as small as they are) into saving souls exclusively. Like I said, they both are equally right.

I just have to believe that God keeps steering me in one way. To look at the very big picture. It would cost so little to save someone in a under-developed country. I'm going to trust in God. I really think He is speaking to me.

And it's not just the money part of it. It has made me realize that I can be indifferent and waste my life...OR I can serve and give my time and love and make this little corner of my world a better place. That is the person I want to be.