Tuesday, April 23, 2013

SILOS

A great staff is made up of great servants.  A great staff culture is characterized by mutual submission.  A great staff is constantly asking: 'What can I do to help?'

Those were words from Andy Stanley at our all-team vision meeting today.  He wasn't actually there in person, but . . .

I love our team -- the admins, the plant management team, I.T., the Burlington campus group, Christian Life School administration, the pastoral group and their associates, Journey Ministry College students -- what a group.


Let me tell you what I hear all the time - and I love hearing it: "Where do you get your team?"  

They are great, aren't they?  We're blessed.

Jesus said: 'You want to be great?  You want to be awesome?  You want to be at the top of the heap?  Then be a servant.'  And the higher in the organization you go, the more you have to be one.

     '...the silos start to shrink.'

When we get that kind of thing working in a church the silos start to shrink.  I get to tap into your gifts and you get to tap into mine - and I'm the winner on that proposition.

Because that's what God did with us.  Even He didn't come to be served, but to serve, and give His life as a ransom for many, including you and me.

I know we're not perfect at Journey - far from it - but we have a lot of this going right.

Blessed.

And be blessed.

No comments: