Wednesday, March 20, 2013

SEEKER

The debate over being a seeker continues.  I'm not talking about the controversy over whether a certain church is seeker-sensitive or Jesus-sensitive or seeker-insensitive.  Aren't we all terribly bored with that conversation?

It is the concept that you and I are searching for God at all.  Are we or aren't we?  Is He hiding from us and we just haven't managed to locate Him yet?

It was the First Pair who hid from God in the Garden.  God wasn't hiding.  Jesus makes it clear that His own mission was to seek and save lost people, not the other way around.

Seems if anybody is searching, it might be Him.  But why is He searching?  Can't He find us?  Doesn't He know where we are?  Has He lost us?

Sproul said: 'Man seeks the benefits of God while fleeing from God Himself.  We are, by nature, fugitives.'

But does the debate really matter?  What semantics we argue over.  Aren't we each desperately searching for something?

Romans 3 says, 'Nobody seeks after God.'  But Jeremiah 29 says, 'When you seek Him, you'll find Him.'  

Deuteronomy 4: 'Seek Him and you'll find Him.'  

Proverbs 8: 'Those who seek Me, find Me.'  

Hebrews 11: 'He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.'

Matthew 6:  'Seek the Kingdom ... '

So don't get trapped in those seeker conversations.  Just go after God irregardless.  Seek Him, period.  Search for Him, no matter what others say.  With all your heart.  And find Him.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this isn't exactly something you want to hear on a "Christian" blog...but here goes. I keep sinning, so I don't exactly feel as if I am worthy,so I seek Him halfway. I figure if can't get it together, then what is the point. I pray now and then. I have a picture of Him that I see all throught the day. It's not as if He is not on my mind, I just think I should be better. Anyway, that is where I am.

Anonymous said...

My brother posted this today. Perfect timing for me. Thank you God.

Retweeted Bob Goff (@bobgoff): God's pursuit of us is relentless. Even if we tried to hide, it wouldn't work. He won't wear out, give up or let go - ever.