Wednesday, March 27, 2013

QUIRKY

Today is National Quirky Country Music Song Titles Day.

I am not making this up.

Some of the big winners in my book are:
'How Come Every Time I Itch I Wind up Scratching You?'  (Kenny Chesney)
'May the Bird of Paradise Fly Up Your Nose'  (Little Jimmy Dickens)
'She Made Toothpicks Out of the Timbers of my Heart'  (Homer & Jethro)
'If I Had a Nose Full of Nickels, I'd Sneeze Them All Atchoo'  (Lou Carter)
'Did I Shave My Legs For This?'  (Deanna Carter)

Funny.

But listen, COUNTRY MUSIC doesn't have a market on quirky song titles.  From the world of Jesus:
'Drop Kick Me, Jesus, Through the Goal Posts of Life'  (Bobby Bare)
'You Can't Get to Heaven on the Back of a Camel'  (Doug Horley)
'Kazoo Song'  (Hawk Nelson)

And just for honorable mention, though it isn't a quirky title:  'Jesus is a Friend of Mine' (SonSeed).
I used to dress like these guys and I love them.  I see Jesus all over them.


And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...I think you should sing this at the next service...I dare ya!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit...joking around with you is quite fun...we should do this more often. :)