Saturday, March 30, 2013

GRACE

I love grace.

Grace is when God gives you what you need instead of what you deserve.
Grace is when God says, 'Come to Me.  I'm not mad at you.  Never have been.'
Grace is when God forgives you and then gives you a second ... third ... fourth ... twentieth ... hundredth ... thousandth chance to start again.
That's grace.  We all need it.

R. Warren tells a story about baseball umpire, David Hagler: 
   'I was driving too fast one day when a policeman pulled me over and gave me a speeding ticket.  I tried to talk him out of it by telling him how worried I was about my insurance going up and what a careful driver I normally was.  I begged for grace.  I begged him.  But he said if I didn't like it, I could go to court.
   The first game of the next baseball season I was umpiring behind home plate and the first batter up was that same policeman.  I recognized him and he recognized me.  He nervously asked me, 'How did things go with your ticket?'  I just stared at him and said, 'Swing at everything.'

'We're not that used to experiencing grace from others.'


We're not that used to experiencing grace from others.  But God shows you grace 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  The next breath you take is because God's grace gives it to you.

You say, 'Wait a minute.  I earned what I have!'  Really?  Where do you think you got the power to earn it?  Where do you think you got your brains - your health - your mind - your arms - your legs?  Everything you have -- if it wasn't for the grace of God.

It isn't what you deserve, but it's what you get.

And be blessed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Easter service and worship were awesome tonight! My Mom AND my Dad came! This was only my Dad's second time, so I was very happy about that. Maybe he'll come again. My Mom has been coming with me and she never normally came to church before. Thank you God!

My Mom even brought up going to Nefarious on her own, so we will be there.

I thought the service was awesome and Easter is such a special time to celebrate Jesus' rise from the dead.

I have been offered immense grace from God. I have fallen away for a couple of years, but now I am back and I appreciate everything even more. I know I do not deserve any goodness from God after all of this, but He still blesses me and looks after me. It humbles me to know how much He loves me.

Tonight my Mom asked me to bring an appropriate movie for Easter. I told her about The Passion of the Christ and she wants to see that. I believe that God is drawing her closer and I am so excited about that!

This has been an awesome day!

Anonymous said...

The young man who sang a solo tonight had the most amazing voice. It gave me goosebumps to listen to him. I wish I knew his name.

PK's BLOG said...

I wasn't there but it was probably Jonah Taylor ( no relation ). :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter PK and Joelene! My day promises to be very special with my family and I hope yours is, too! I am so grateful to Jesus for giving me another chance. I hope my parents grow closer to Him, too. What a glorious day!

Anonymous said...

We had a very nice Easter...good food and we watched The Passion of the Christ. My Dad had seen it before, but this was Mom's first time. She liked it. I took a ride with her to Zion to do an errand, so we had a chance to talk about the movie much more and I also answered some other quetions she had. I'm glad I went with her. She is curious about what things mean or the people in Jesus' life. It was a very meaningful talk...I am so happy she is exploring Him more. She has committed to going all the month of April with me to church...hopefully, she may come even more.

Anonymous said...

Also, I mentioned to both of them that "It is amazing what Jesus went thru to save us." This wasn't just a Hollywood story. I wanted them to keep that in mind as we watched.

Lol...sorry, I seem to have taken over your blog. It's just an amazing time for me. It took a while for me to come back, but God had a plan all along...I may just bring my Mom with me!