Tuesday, February 12, 2013

SKIN

Ever had something that gets under your skin - it gets into your nightmares - it won't leave you alone - it persists in haunting you night and day?  You've tried with every fiber of your being to make it vanish, but it won't.

Maybe it was something extremely private to you.  It was something that, if it was shown on the big screen for everyone to see, it would cause you the most grievous humiliation.  You'd never tell anybody ... ever.  It wouldn't be better for you if people knew.

You've asked forgiveness for it a thousand times.  You've done extra religious duty in hopes of paying it off and winning points with a God who already went the distance to die for you.  You've tried to erase your past on your own.

If there's a mistake that makes you count the dots on the ceiling at night, it's time to ask forgiveness ... once ... and be done with it.

Ask forgiveness and then let it go for good.  It's done.  It's over.  God's work is perfect and complete.

Sin gone.

And be blessed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know I have things in my past that I have regret for...I wish I could change it. Things and ways I have hurt my children, my ex-husband...other family members. I suppose that is just part of being in relationship with others. But still...if I could change it I would. When I first asked forgiveness from God it took a while, but I finally forgave myself, as well. It did take some time, though...you know how guilt can eat you alive, sometimes.

Now I have this huge sin and I can't seem to get rid of it. I have prayed many times to be delivered, but it doesn't happen. I still feel conviction about it, but nowhere near what I should. In some ways I have just thrown my hands up and said it's just the way it is. I know God has forgiven me of my old sins, but He can't possibly forgive me now when I keep doing the same thing. I'm sure Satan is tempting me, but I don't have to take the bait. You said something very recently about sinning to the "nth degree" in front of God. That really bothered me. Little too close to home. I can stop for a few days, a week, a month...but forever is next to impossible. I see no way out unless God delivers me. I really do feel like a bad person, but there is this little heart of gold in there somewhere.

PK's BLOG said...

The 'little heart of gold' is of no consequence. We are all sinners. You are. I am. We are not forgiven because we have little hearts of gold in there somewhere. The truth is, we are all bad and GOD is good. His grace is what salvation is about, not any of our goodness .

Anonymous said...

I listened to your sermon last night. When you kept saying you're not a bad person as you smashed glass, etc. Sometimes, I think I will never understand you.

PK's BLOG said...

Why are you trying to understand ME? Trust in God.

Anonymous said...

God doesn't talk to me. I hear Him thru things people say, tv, music, Christian talk radio. Sometimes I read something and I know it's from Him. I know He is talking to me in these ways, but it seems to be the way that works for me. So, I do pay attention to the ways you teach the Word.

PK's BLOG said...

Well, that's very often God talking - even thru some of those other venues. Not always, but often. You can still obey those voices. Do you do that then?

Anonymous said...

I think you already know the answer to that question. Sometimes I do and other times I don't. I know I should, but I don't. You know that. Still I am grateful when I know a mssg is from Him. It's good to know He hasn't given up on me yet.