Saturday, February 23, 2013

RIPS

What are you working on that's greater than you?  It's a good question, because if we're not careful, we'll just go week to week consumed by the ordinary and never ask the question: 'What does God want to do with my life beyond 'Who am I dating? ... What's happening on the weekend?'

I know some of you love that kind of question.  You already have nine answers.  Others of you are squirming in your seats trying to block it out of your mind because in terms of huge and grand and stuff that matters, you don't know that you're working on anything that's greater than you.

When you look at your prayers over this past year, it's likely that many of them have been taken up by the rather mundane things of life.

'God, stop the rain for my party ... God, make it rain, it's really dry ... God, help me get a parking spot up close ... God, help me get a date ... '

If we piled a lot of our prayers up, we could probably put a sign over a significant number of them that said: 'Stuff that was going to take care of itself anyway.'

Just be honest about that.  Even if you wouldn't have prayed, a lot of that stuff would have just worked out on its own.

'Let's ask God for some greater things this year.'

Eventually, you'll find your keys.
Sooner or later, she's going to get over the cold.
He'll pass his driver's test - maybe on the fourth try, but still.
She'll get the date.  She might have to do some extra grooming, but it'll happen.

And God says: "Is that what you want?  Another year of coming to Me, the Master of the Universe, asking for these kinds of things?  Isn't there something greater I can do if you'd just ask Me?"

What are you praying for that's greater?  What gets you crazy and emotional and rips open your heart that you need God to do - and if He doesn't come thru, it isn't happening?

Let's ask God for some greater things this year.  What do you say?

And be blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife and I are currently working on something that I know only God can get us through it. It is kind of ironic that our projects, which are different are starting about the same time as KFA's. I know the projects will directly and indirectly intertwine. We are at a place where this is so much bigger than us, that we must submit this to God. The vision of KFA has been a good example to follow for the both of us. And Yes PK, We are blessed.

PK's BLOG said...

How very very very exciting.

Anonymous said...

Trusting God to take us where we have never been before is exciting and scary.

Anonymous said...

So a little confused, I always give thanks for my blessings, pray for my family, near & far, for whom ever is going thru something, & for people you are just mean & unhappy with life, lol, is it selfish for me to pray for the lord to guide me in the right direction that we may find a home for our family, b/c we are losing ours, may he open those doors for me to find a job after losing a job of 21yrs..but I don't lose Faith I know he is listening, but should I be praying For something else?