Sunday, February 10, 2013

BREAK

What would you be willing to attempt for God if you weren't so afraid?  What could you do for God if you finally came out from behind that distorted mirror you keep hiding behind?  What could you do if you smashed all the devil's thoughts you have about yourself?  What would you be willing to do for God if you knew you couldn't fail?

You need to let God break the thing that holds you back.  The devil has started a sermon for you - why don't you and God finish it?

Too many of us are held captive by fear.  God says, "Let's break that.  That isn't from Me.  Fear not because I have already overcome the world."

Too many of us are paralyzed by the unknown.  God says, "Let's break that.  I know it all.  I hold up the universe with one finger."

Too many of us are held captive by people who say, "We can't.  We can't lead.  We're not the right person."  God says, 'Let's break that.  Because I've already said you can - you can do all things thru Me because I give the strength to do it."

Too many of us are held captive by the plans of critics the devil is using in our lives.  God says, "I have a plan for your life, too.  It's a plan to give you hope - to give you fulfillment and satisfaction - to give you a future."

God sees something in you nobody else sees.

You're not a failure.  You are victorious in Christ.

You're not a bad person or a bad man or a bad woman or a bad student.  You are a child of God, a son and daughter of His.

You're not 'just a waitress or 'just a mechanic.'  You're an ambassador for Christ.  You are chosen for good works.

You're not too old or too young or too unpopular or too stupid or too inexperienced.  Who are you again?

Mighty Warrior.  That's who you are.

And be blessed.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I saw this post it made me think of the things in my life that have happened, or not. When I first gave my heart to Jesus I thought I might want to be a nun. When I told you, you found tha amusing since A/G doesn't have nuns. I came from the Catholic church, so that answers that. Since I had given my heart to Christ it all was so overwhelming and I was so happy. Someone asked me if I had a calling. I wasn't exactly sure about that, though. I just wanted to please God.

Then, much later, I said on the blog that I needed a Christian husband. You said I needed to strengthen my relationship with God, not a husband. I know you were right, but sometimes I can't help but wonder where I would be if I did X,Y or Z. What would my life be like.

I wish I could see my life in total like God can. Then I would have a direction and know what to strive for.

Sometimes, I hear about things that happened a yr ago (for instance Whitney Houston's death) and I don't know where the time has gone. And I have had several people in my life pass long before they should. They were all younger than me. The clock is ticking...even for me.

PK's BLOG said...

Why don't you just go 'all in' rather than just talking about it forever?

Cycle back thru the responses you have given on this blog for years now - talking about 'what if' - your life direction - the things you already know about what God wants, you're just not doing them - ticking clocks for you - this and that and the other thing.

Stop talking about it.

It's time to do it.

Blessings.

Anonymous said...

I know you don't understand, but at first, I was "all in". I was totally immersed in the church. Then, some things happened and I just didn't feel the same about it all. I know you have written about people who have been hurt in the church and they left.

Anyway, it's not the same anymore. I drifted away and I don't know if I'll ever get back.

Maybe it's just time to stop commenting on the blog.

PK's BLOG said...

There isn't anything about it I don't understand. One doesn't have to live the life of another in order to understand them.

If I left every time I had been hurt ...

God is bigger and better than people -- and I've learned to try to believe the best about people and know they are imperfect and on a journey. Yes, people are occasionally porcupines and sticky with their quills, but I have probably been a porcupine to someone myself, so I have to look at it that way.

Anonymous said...

I will take you at your word that you "get it" as far as understanding.

As far as being hurt...we all have been hurt in some way or another. As for the church...I just don't know. You have said before that you were the young man that mother's wanted their daughters to date. Because you were so upright and religious.

Lol...I forget who is the porcupine. As I have said before, blog posts and or/email is tough. Anyway, I think the best intentions from you than I used to. For a while I thought I was the proverbial "thorn in the side". Sorry...I can be that way in writing, but I am not so much in person. Yes, I am a coward.

PK's BLOG said...

LOL. Yes, well -- you, like most people -- remember what you wish to remember about what I've said about my own past, and choose to forget the parts that don't serve your argument best. It's how we all are.

Listen to the podcast of this past weekend's message and let God BRAVE the COWARD out of you.

Anonymous said...

Aside from the Courage chat....I have to ask...what did you think of NOLA? Since my son and his gf live there I can't help but wonder. He loves it, but I don't think he gets into the more risque' side. He just loves that type of music and is in a band. I hope I can go and see for myself sometime. Mom loved it and wants to go back. Lol...she's not wild and crazy, for sure. How bad can it be? Of course, Mardi Gras is not for the faint of heart. I would never go then.

Anonymous said...

PK, forget me and my questions. How did YOU feel when YOU first became music pastor...and then over time co-lead? What was it in you that made you burst past your own fears? I just wondered why some people are winners. How did you do it?

PK's BLOG said...

I still have fears. Everybody does. God usually shows up when you tell Him you're afraid and most of your fears are over blown