Tuesday, January 1, 2013

MORE / LESS

I asked Joelene to be a Guest Blogger here today.  Here she is:

"It's 2013, More or Less.

I'm not into making resolutions at each New Year; there's too much pressure and self-inflicted condemnation when I fail - and I always do.  The only resolution I have is to make no resolutions.

I may not make resolutions but I do get introspective.  The start of anything new does call for reflection and personal evaluation.

In 2013, I don't want it to be a good year more or less, but a great year, more AND less.

I want more stillness - less noise.  More quietness, more reflection, more dependence, (more 'cheating'). Less stress, less unnecessary activity, less technology.  Check it out / Psalm 46:10.

I want more contentment, less worry.  More OK with what I have, where I am and what I'm doing.  Less worried about things, provision, tomorrow.  Check it out / Hebrews 13:5.

I want more strength, less fear.  More boldness, more confidence, more victory.  Less intimidation, less reservation, less analyzing.  Check it out / Deuteronomy 3:16.

Hmmm, looks like more God, less me.

2013, more AND less - and no pressure.

Check it out / 2 Corinthians 5:17."

No comments: