Monday, December 31, 2012

SUPERSTARS

I don't know what to write on the final day of 2012.  

There's a ton of gratefulness in my heart.  An incredible wife who is the light of my life -- three amazing adult children -- two awesome sons-in-law -- two beautiful grandchildren and one on the way -- good health -- salvation and freedom -- grace beyond deserving -- friendships and community with tremendous people -- a great church ... 


'Thanks for letting me be part of this family.'

I'm excited for the year-to-come at KFA (www.kenoshafirst.com).  There is a lot laying ahead of us.  Some of it we know already, but another part we don't.  God hasn't told us or shown us yet.  That fills me with great enthusiasm and hope.

On a personal level, what did God do in you in 2012 and what do you want Him to do in you in 2013?  Are you walking toward Him?  Because at KFA, we're going to be bolder -- we're going to have more faith -- we're going to ask God for greater things than ever before.

I know not everyone who reads this is part of KFA, but now that I think about it, do you know what was maybe the very best thing about 2012?  It was that we got to do the whole thing together -- no big superstars -- just brothers and sisters of each other.  And yes, we argue and scrap now and then -- some of you don't like some stuff I do -- and I don't like some stuff you do, just like a real, dysfunctional family -- but I can't think of any other place or group of people I'd want to walk this journey with.  

Thanks for letting me be part of this family.

I guess I do know what to write after all.

Happy New Year.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year's to you and Joelene! I hope it is fantastic!

I am very grateful for my family and friends and how they have been there for me this past year. I hope I have done the same for them. I thank God with all of my heart for their support.

So, here's to another year of me driving you crazy...lol..JK! :) Have a great New Year!