Thursday, December 6, 2012

ABSURD

I was asking God for the city of Kenosha today ... all of it.  I know it's an absurd request, but God is absurd sometimes.

John Knox said: 'Give me Scotland or I die.'  Right on.

What else are we living for?

'I was asking God for the city of Kenosha today.'

I've come to the conclusion that I hate a lot of things.  I hate the fact that unbelievers die without hope.  I hate that the enemy of our souls seems to have his way more often than I think he should.  I hate that believers seem to have made truces with the world.

That said, I love a lot of things, too.  I love the fact that people are being brought to saving faith in Christ daily.  I love that God is working in unimaginable ways right in front of our eyes.  I love that the Gospel is being proclaimed boldly in marketplaces and neighborhoods and across coffee tables every week.

Let's not compromise the message.  When we do, we compromise the cost that was paid for it.

I was asking God for the city of Kenosha today ... all of it.  I know it's an absurd request, but ...

And be blessed.

No comments: