Friday, November 9, 2012

LIST

I read about a church in Texas that made their local newspaper recently because they were undergoing some change.  Actually, the changes were absolutely outrageous ... the kind that would make you get right up in the middle of a service and walk out with your coat and your kids just to make a statement.  Some people in the congregation are so ticked they're considering a lawsuit.

They have created a list of the horrendous, despicable things the pastor has enacted since he arrived five years ago.  Here they are:

1.  There is no more hymn singing.
2.  The piano and organ have been removed.
3.  The words to the songs are no longer printed and have been replaced by a screen.
4.  Several pews were removed.
5.  Some stained glass was partially covered.
6.  The church name has been changed.
7.  Sunday School has been shut down.

I am not making this up.  One of the deacons was quoted as saying: "I just had a feeling from the Lord that these things weren't supposed to be changed."

Sigh.

I hope I never become like this.  I hope if I ever walk away from something that it's over something far more important than hymnbooks and stained glass and pews and names.

I pray I don't end up a bitter, angry, old man.

And be blessed.

No comments: