Thursday, November 29, 2012

JILLETTE

Penn Jillette is a magician - a comedian - a bassist, even - who has been on the full slate of talk shows and showed up with great aplomb on Donald Trump's "Celebrity Apprentice" last year.  He did pretty well.

He is an atheist.  When asked to explain why he's an atheist, Jillette has stated: 'Because I don't know.  And if I don't know, then I don't believe.  I don't know exactly how we got here, and I don't think anyone else does either.'

He has also confessed that he likes Christians.  There's a switch.  He says people who follow Christ seem to have great compassion, kindness and gentleness.

Jillette did a YOUTUBE video on proselytizing awhile back.  I found it shocking and enlightening.  Maybe you will also.


I am speechless.  You now have Penn Jillette's permission to start proselytizing if you are not doing so already.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have seen Penn Jillette on a couple of interviews. When I heard that he was an atheist I was sure I woouldn't care for him. But, I found him to be extremely intelligent and likable. You gave a sermon not long ago about picking up stones to cast when we saw someone who was different than we are. I have long been associating atheism with satanism. It's not really the same thing, but that was the assumption I made. I think his thoughts in the video are wonderful! That seems like true tolerance to me.