Tuesday, October 16, 2012

COMMERCIAL

Now that I'm a Mac user, an iPhone5 user, an iPad user - brag, brag - I will invoke the script of an old Apple commercial that aired years ago.

It featured footage of the likes of Bob Dylan, Martin Luther King, Jr., John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Alfred Hitchcock, Jim Henson & Kermit the Frog, Picasso, Frank Lloyd Wright, Muhammad Ali, Ted Turner, Gandhi, Amelia Earhart and others.  Quite the crew.

Here are the words of the commercial:  'Here's to the crazy ones.  The misfits.  The rebels.  The troublemakers.  The round pegs in square holes.  The ones who see things differently.  They have no respect for the status quo.  You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify them or vilify them.  About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.  Because they change things.  They push the human race forward.  And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.  Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.'

Now ... go back and read that again, but this time, put your Jesus glasses on.  Go ahead - re-read it - this time thru the lens of what it means to be a disciple of Christ.

I'll give you a moment . . .









And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is why I Love KFA. Pushing the boundaries, yet doing it with Love.

Anonymous said...

This is a quote I have on my FB page and I think it fits this blog post well:

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?"
Robert Kennedy

Many times, I see myself as someone who doesn't always do what everyone else does. I have my own way of being in the world. Sometimes it works out and somtimes it doesn't, but I have the satisfaction of knowing I was true to myself...and didn't have to follow the crowd just to be liked. :)