Saturday, September 1, 2012

KFA40

Today was our first (annual?) KFA40 - a 40-mile bicycle ride from Kenosha to Lake Forest, Illinois and back via the McLory Bike Trail.  About 50 bikers joined us - a few did the optional 20-mile ride - most took on the full 40.

The volunteer team had 'break stations' with water, protein drinks and bars located every ten miles on the trail.  There was a light, healthy meal for everybody who made it back - which was everybody.  Thanks to the amazing volunteers who gave their day to support the riders.

It was a great way to get a little workout in (did I say little just then?) -- have some community -- and enjoy a beautiful day together.  We even made it back just before Hurricane Isaac dumped a load of rain on Kenosha.

OK.  We had five flat tires in all and one guy who ran six miles back to the start line when his blew, but ... I'm anxious for our second (annual?) KFA40 next year.


And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of NOLA, my son and his gf live there. I was SO worried about him, cause he didn't evacuate. He lives right near the French Quarter and they didn't flood thanks to the levee. I can't help it...I am his Mom. It's my job to worry. I have been watching the news and my heart breaks for those who have lost homes and belongings. It could have been my son.

Anyway, I am in awe of you guys! I have no idea if I can still ride a bike. The last time I rode one was when my kids were young.