Wednesday, September 19, 2012

HABITS

I have some very bad habits.

Sometimes I leave wet towels on the floor.
Sometimes I scratch my back with my fork.
Now and then I exaggerate a story at a party.
Occasionally I call my 'soulmate' by her pet name in front of people.
Usually I put my feet on the furniture and coffee table.
Normally I bring grass into the house from my feet after I've mowed the lawn.
Often I talk in parenthetical statements (not that I mean to), where I let rabbit trails (sometimes they're important rabbit trails though) steal the show.
Sometimes I push wrong buttons on my wife's car radio so when she gets in next to drive she'll be all messed up.
I read emails while Joelene is trying to talk to me.  I answer them too.
I spend too much time on the computer - and blogging.

Jimmy Buffet has a song called, "Bank of Bad Habits."  It talks about a place where we make deposits and withdrawals in people's lives.

The bad habits he lists are actually in the Bible - sloth, greed, jealousy, lust, anger, envy, pride.  Sometimes they're referred to as the Seven Deadly Sins.  

One of the lines in the song goes: "So put away all those alibis; you can't fool that Banker in the sky."  OK.  It ain't Emily Dickinson, but it's pretty much accurate.  So what will it be today?  A deposit?  Or a withdrawal?  Maybe a 'closing of the account?'

Your choice.

And be blessed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have plenty of bad habits to be sure...some small and some quite terrible. So, I can understand.

You can add one more to your list. In all of the time I have known you ...about 5 yrs, you have absolutely never apologized for anything. The other person isn't ALWAYS wrong. What is that saying..."It takes two to tango". Anyway, you have so many good qualities and I am fairly humble, so it all works out. :p

PK's BLOG said...

Do i KNOW you?
Anyhow ... I apologize for never having apologized for anything.

Anonymous said...

I am so very impressed that you know any of Buffett's music! My fav is "Margaritaville". "Wasted away again in Margaritaville" So appropriate...

Speaking of terrible habits...

PK's BLOG said...

Well - thanks for letting the world know.
:)

Anonymous said...

Seriously....I am so unworthy, but God continues to bless me. In small ways and bigger ways. It amazes me. I know the sins I have committed and yet, He loves me. I am always surprised when I can see His hand in every nuance in my life. I don't deserve it. Surely, He has another plan than the one I am on. Anyway, for others who struggle in any way, He's still there. I can testify to that.

Anonymous said...

Lol..You are assuming that "the world" is reading your blog. Mmmmm....sorry to break it to you, but that is highly doubtful. :)

PK's BLOG said...

And you're assuming that nobody is. Joke's on YOU, I'm afraid.