Sunday, September 9, 2012

180

Christianity isn't, God forgave you, so keep right on doing whatever you want and God will keep forgiving you.


Christianity is, you do what you want, and then you meet Jesus and you realize what you've been doing is sinful and wrong, you realize that Christ is, in fact, Lord -- and you don't want to continue sinning because something happens deep inside you and you repent and you do a 180 and you change.

The Bible calls it being born again.  You become a new person.  You have a new nature with new desires.  You don't want to keep living the way you used to.  You want to change.  You want to be different.  You want to be like Christ.

Not so He'll love you, because He already does.
Not so He'll forgive you, because He already has.
Not so God would be pleased with you, but because Jesus has called you friend and now you want to make Him happy.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If someone falls away from church and God, does that mean they were never truly a Christian? I felt all of the things you mentioned. I just wanted to make God/Jesus proud of me. I longed for that. I suppose I haven't had enough of that. I am hopeful that He was at one point. It gives me hope that He will again.

Anonymous said...

"Not so God would be pleased with you, but because Jesus has called you friend and now you want to make Him happy."

Now that I re-read these words on your blog, maybe I was too focused on my needs and not His happiness. Maybe we can do both. I am not interested in material things, outside of normal living. I just want His love and to be proud of the woman I am. And you don't have to say it...He already loves me. I still want to feel it and know it in my heart.