Tuesday, August 28, 2012

NOTHING

So -- I'm sitting in front of my computer screen right now staring at it rather blankly, wondering what I'm going to write for today's blog.  I know a number of people are anticipating some kind of post from me, because they know I do it pretty much every day - at least every other day - and they expect it now.  The need must be fed!

I've been doing this now for five years.  If you count it in sheer words, I've written a book (so maybe I can cross 'write a book' off my Bucket List.  What do you think?).

But honestly - today - 'I got nuttin.'  Can't think of a thing to say.  Doesn't happen very often, but today -- yup.  Tank's empty.  Nothing interesting happened.  Zzzzzzzzzzz.

It's not writer's block exactly.  That's probably more serious.  I think the problem is that blogging implies that whatever you write must be something of value.  And today ......

Hmmmmmm ........

Twiddling of thumbs .......

Whistling ..........

Looking in the air hoping to see one of those 'word bubbles' pop up over my head ........

Humming to myself .........

Nope.  Nothing.

Well - you have a good day today.

Hey, look!  I just wrote a blog after all.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol...you are too funny. This blog made me smile. Most of the time it makes me think, but this one just made me smile. All said, I do think you should write that book, in spite of your blog. Not sure when you would fit it into your schedule, tho. You have a good day, too.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Someone said, "My Pastor is so profound he could speak for an hour on any subject." A friend responded, That's nothin'..."My Pastor could speak for an hour without a subject." :o)

Nothing is impossible...AND He is always with you Pastor Kevin. There are days when nothing else matters. Good time to sing...

G Am G/B C
How deep the Father’s love for us
G Em D7
How vast beyond all measure
G Am G/B C
That he should give his only Son
G/D D7 G
To make a wretch his treasure
G/B C/E G/D C
How great the pain of searing loss
G/B Em D7
The Father turns his face away
G Am G/B C
As wounds which mar the chosen one
G/D D7 G Am G/B C2 G/D D7 G
Bring many sons to glory.

Anonymous said...

PS

Great message last weekend!