Tuesday, July 24, 2012

ROUNDABOUT

They've installed two roundabouts on the roads that get you in and out of my neighborhood.  I'm used to them from traveling in Europe and Asia a bit, but here, not so much.

The other day, I made the circle as I always do, but I got so distracted thinking about all the things I had to do that day that I don't know how many times I went around it without realizing it - 4 times?  5 times?  I don't know.  A lot of times.

It's kind of hypnotic to get on the roundabout.  If you keep your steering wheel at 'that exact degree,' you just keep circling and circling.  You have to change the wheel's direction in order to get out of the turn and get where you need to go.

Know what I mean?

It reminded me of the scene from European Vacation with Chevy Chase, where he's trying to 'get left' and just can't - and ends up circling the London roundabout all day long.  Here it is:


You can do that, you know - circle all day long, I mean - unless you change the wheel's direction.

And be blessed.

No comments: