Wednesday, July 25, 2012

OREO

I am prompted to write on this topic today --- because 2012 was the 100th anniversary of the OREO cookie - because I found out this week that my dad, who I didn't even grow up knowing, eats four OREOS per day (like me) - because well-meaning people who call themselves my 'friends,' continually try to get me to stop eating them.

So to reinforce my devotion, I salute the OREO.  


71% to 29% is the cookie-to-creme ratio of the original OREO.  Perfection.


381.  That's the number of times all the OREOS ever manufactured could circle the earth if lined up end to end along the equator.  If stacked, they would reach the moon and back more than five times.  Impressive, right?

After U.S. citizens, our next top OREO brothers and sisters live in China, Venezuela, Canada and Indonesia.  


Four hundred fifty billion - with a "B" - have been sold worldwide since they hit the market 100 years ago.  Take that, you fake McDonald's chocolate chip cookies.  


So I know there are evil people in my circle of influence who would consistently tempt me to stop eating them in the name of health and holiness ... 


... but to you, OREO, I remain faithful.

Click "LIKE" if you agree.  OREO haters, stay away.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite cookie is Tollhouse chocolate chip cookies, but every day....no way, lol! Maybe you should give Burger King's bacon sundae a go. :)

Anonymous said...

You are funny you are skinny and heathly so eat your cookies