Friday, July 27, 2012

OLYMPICS


I love the Summer Olympics.  The beginning of the competitions tomorrow is going to be great, but I admit I love watching the nations walk in one-by-one at the opening ceremonies.  Something inside stirs with great pride when the United States team walks in every four years.  The ceremonies and the lighting of the torch is always special.  Some find it boring - not me.
These next couple of weeks provide us all with a great opportunity to pray for our world -- for peace -- for safety -- for Christians in London right now who have trained, prayed and waited for this moment and who will walk thru open doors of opportunity to see many visiting the streets of London receive Christ.  
Several thousand miles away, we can be part of it all by being a prayer presence for them.
And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have watched all of the opening ceremonies, as well. In the Parade of Nations, my very fav basketball player, Pau Gasol, carried the flag for Spain. He is a Laker (Los Angeles) and he plays for Spain in the Olympics. I ma very excited to see the events!