Tuesday, June 26, 2012

JUDGE

We have all read stories of people we thought were amazing, super-Christians, only to find out one day their secret sin had been exposed.  They had been living a double life for years, sometimes decades.

I'm always stunned by it, even though I've seen it and heard it dozens of times.  It always leaves you shocked and shaken in your disbelief.  It's happened with friends of mine as well.

'We're so quick to judge according to other people's externals.'

You realize it wasn't one terrible choice, but a bunch of bad ones stacked on top of each other until finally ... the whole thing fell over.  Sometimes you say to yourself: 'That could never happen to me,' and it is then you realize you're on the same tipping beam your friend was on.

We're so quick to judge according to other people's externals.  If someone gets caught in something heinous, we have this tendency to cross them off our Facebook list.

I have to be careful to tell myself I'm not their judge.  Fortunately for them, I'm not.  Fortunately for me, you're not mine either.  There is a Judge, but you're not Him.

And be blessed.

No comments: