Tuesday, May 22, 2012

WONDERING

We don't spend enough time wondering.  We spend plenty of time talking and arguing and deciding - but wondering - not so much.

I took a walk outside today for awhile.  It isn't part of my regular day but maybe it should be.  I noticed things I don't usually notice.  I'm talking trees and water and grass and plants and flowers.  I know - big deal.  We see them every day.  But do you?  Really?  Have you ever really gotten on the ground and put your nose up close up to a blade of grass?  It's kinda cool.  I recommend it.

We don't spend enough time wondering.  We spend plenty of time trying to make sense of everything - but wondering - not so much.

It was Job in the Bible who said: 'I spoke once, but I have no answer ... twice, but I will say no more.'  I don't remember where it is in the Bible, but I know it's in there.  Trust me.

'We don't spend enough time wondering ... '

He asked God 190 questions in his book.  Did he get all those answered?  I don't think so.  Thousands of years later, we're still trying to get some of them answered.  He saw God though - and evidently that was enough.  'My ears have heard of you but now my eyes have seen you,' Job said.

He spoke too soon.
He tried to get questions answered he had no business having answered.
He tried to explain life.
He didn't spend enough time just wondering.

We don't spend enough time wondering.  We spend plenty of time doubting and complaining and debating and explaining - but wondering - not so much.

Wonder.

And be blessed.

No comments: