Saturday, May 12, 2012

undoJesus

Our world is confused, to say the least.  It's what we have to work with as followers of Christ.  It's a challenge, but it's our calling.  "In the world, yet not of the world, but sent to the world."  There is some built-in tension there.

There is a website called undoJesus.org.  Their byline is 'The time has come to abandon Christianity.'  The site claims they are not a hate site, but a love site.  Go figure.  I was about to be offended by that and then I realized how often we say that about ourselves - that we're lovers, not haters - but the world sees us as the opposite.

UndoJesus believes the claims of the Bible are absurd - that human energy is being wasted thru the practice of religion - that Christianity is the source of death and destruction throughout the world today - that followers of Jesus are, essentially, killing us all.

How very different from the way we view ourselves.  Jesus said the world would hate us.  Let's not give them extra reasons to.  They've already thought of enough.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post is so relevant to some online conversations I have had recently about the issue of gay marriage. I have seen so many Christians online say the most awful things. It is on both sides, to be sure, but as Christians aren't we supposed to be lights in the world? Shouldn't we hold our behavior to a higher standard? I thought we were supposed to DRAW unbelievers to God, not drive them away. There have been so many fire and brimstone Christians on the site. I go back to the things I have learned at KFA. Some plant seeds, some water and others bring them to harvest. Beating them over the head with a sledgehammer is not going to work. I know you understand that, PK and I have learned so much from you...see, I was paying attention! :)

Anonymous said...

"Grace and Truth" with Love. This is why we need Christ daily and all day. This is Christ.

PK's BLOG said...

May God help us.