Wednesday, May 30, 2012

HOURGLASS

I have a giant 3-foot tall hourglass in my office.  I saw it at Marshall's one day and said to Joelene: "That is so cool.  I don't know how much it costs, but it doesn't matter; I have to have it."  I then cautiously lifted it up to the underneath side where the price tag was hidden to make sure it wasn't $1,000.  It wasn't.  Not even close.  I bought it.

I tip it upside down every now and then and start my stopwatch to see how long it takes for all the sound to fall from top to bottom - about 13 minutes.  Every time I put the clock to it, it's the same.  I don't know why I don't figure that out, but I don't.  I can't actually do the exercise all that often because I've found I can't take my eyes off of it when it's dropping sand.  There's something hypnotic about it.

It's almost as if I turn away, it will stop falling - or it will fall and I'll miss seeing a granule drop through the tiny hole in the middle.

It's the eleventh hour.  I know it reminds me of that too.
It's the eleventh hour for my marriage.
It's the eleventh hour for my ministry.
It's the eleventh hour for my faith.
It's the eleventh hour for my pride.
It's the eleventh hour for my heart.

The sand is falling.  Time is never on hold.  Time is almost up.

And be blessed.

No comments: