Tuesday, January 17, 2012

STREET

A lot of believers suffer from what somebody once called the 'rooftop syndrome.'  We become so absorbed in our 'rooftop' worship that we don't want to leave it long enough to take Jesus to the streets. 


Maybe that's more on my head and heart since I just got back from Thailand where our men's team hit the streets every night to talk about Jesus. 

'The mission of the vision is to take it to the street.'


Still -- I believe God is determined to get the Gospel from rooftop to street.  There are people all around us every day who are saying without really saying it out loud: 'I'm lonely - I'm hungry - I'm destitute - I'm confused - I have no purpose - I'm searching - I'm hurting.  Will someone help me?'  Too often we reply: 'Excuse me.  I'm having a vision over here.'


But the mission of the vision is to take it to the street.


When God's presence doesn't produce action, the message becomes meaningless.


And be blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a few thoughts, so I think I will just throw them out there and see what sticks. I think there is nothing more enlightening than discussing important topics. I'm really not much for small talk.

Do you believe that the majority of Christ-followers are having rooftop/mountaintop experiences? I am on the fence about that.

Even though I am not at a peak as a Christian, I have so much more to be thankful for than not...so much more. I have always heard how important it is to get out of yourself and help someone else when you are feeling blue. It reminds you to be grateful for all God has done for you. Life could be infinitely worse. Your experience in Thailand reminds me...and all of us that.

My very first thought when I read this blog was, how can you give away what you don't possess? Maybe the better question would be, why not share what you DO have to be grateful for and it will both increase and you will feel more fulfilled and happy.

I know that your main focus is the Gospel in witnessing. I just think it would be the most genuine for me, if I focus on all of the times God has blessed me and I am thankful for that. How He loves all of us.

Last thing...will KFA ever have local ministry or inner city ministry? I can't afford an overseas missions.

PK's BLOG said...

I agree - just share what you DO have and be grateful and watch that increase. Good word.

KFA DOES have local ministry. You can serve at First Step feeding the homeless - get involved in Hands of the Lamb - or help serve widows and/or orphans.

Anonymous said...

Yes, PK...I used to work with HOL and First Step. I haven't done it in a while, but I love working with the homeless. If not for the love and help of family and many others, I would be out there, as well. It would be a great way to give back for all of my blessings.

Anonymous said...

PK, I just got off the phone with my Mom. I was telling her our exchange and that since I am out of work, that I would like to get involved with First Step again. She knows how KFA has been a positive force in my life, so she said she would like to help provide a dish for the homeless, too. She is not a believer, either. I think that is a positive. Thanks for the reminder! :) I will be calling tomorrow to HOL.