Monday, January 30, 2012

GIVING BACK

I loved the meeting of 30 men yesterday after church to beef up the Ironmen Giving Back ministry here at KFA.  The ministry is to assist single moms/women and widows with odd jobs and help around their homes - yard work, handyman jobs, clean up, leaky faucets, loose hinges, drywall patching, small electrical jobs, you name it.  The ministry takes place the 3rd Saturday morning of each month, unless there is an emergency that requires quicker response.


The passion of the men in the room to just serve and help was amaaaaaaa-zing.  


If you are a widow or single mom and need help of some kind around your house, notify us at www.kenoshafirst.com.  

If you know of someone who could use our help, let them know we're available.

If you're a man and want to put your God-given skills and abilities to good use for the Kingdom, make us aware of what areas you're skilled in and we'll put you on the contact list.


Many thanks to  Matt Hedstrom for heading up this ministry.  I love his heart for helping others.


And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This isn't really about the men's ministry. I just listened to PDan's message this weekend. Makes me wish I had braved the slippery roads on Sunday and come. This topic, Temptation, is so relevant for me. I loved the analogy of the white dog and the black dog and the one you feed is the one who's going to pull you. Good visual image.

Some areas that tempt others are not a problem for me at all. Then, there is addiction and lying to hide that addiction. I've always been a pretty honest person, until the past year. Now, I find myself lying to my family and dr all of the time. I can be truthful with others, but not with those who hold some type of power over my life.

Those are my sins and temptations. I have heard of others who were delivered. I would love for that to happen to me. But,everyone's path is different. I have to play the hand I am dealt.

I know there are various parts of the bible that tell you different things that are sinful, I haven't really heard of that being something that is covered in any detail. I wish there was some Christian book that dealt with addiction in a biblical way. I have read many secular books already. Oh well, this weekend's message was right on target for me.

Anonymous said...

I'm awfully glad PDan spoke about Temptation this weekend. I just want him to know I was listening. Because of that, I went to Freedom Seekers tonight. I am so glad I did. There was a lot of wisdom and experience I heard. I always feel better when I go. Pastor Lisa often jokes about something shiny, that distracts you. I love going to FS, but that shiny bottle wine seems to be glowing, sometimes. Then I don't stick with it.

I asked for feedback, as to how to replace the addiction. Most everyone said with the Word and God. I really do know that is true, but one person suggested immersing myself in things going on at church...like surrounding myself with winners. I need alot more people in my life, so that is something that would be good. There were a couple of yrs that I did just that and I was happy and definitely not drinking like I am now.

I am kind of excited...I found out tonight that there is also another Christian group during the week that is very good. That's two things during the week...healthy things. And church, of course.

When PDan spoke of the two dogs, I pictured the black dog pulling me sometimes, but I knew there are plenty of times I am dragging it behind me, saying "Come on! I'm not ready!" It was kind of funny PLisa said something along those lines, in her own words. All I could do is totally agree.

Anyway, sorry to share so much on your blog, but I know, deep down, I am not the only one. I know sometimes, I don't want your prayers, because I said God isn't listening, anyways...but if you want to pray for me...I have options ahead of me now...at this time. Maybe this is the right time...so pray for that. :)