Thursday, December 1, 2011

PUSHING

It has been one of the great journeys of my life to move away from pushing papers to helping people. I admit it. Administration and organization have always been my alter-ego - stuff you do without even thinking much about it - but God has begun a great work in my life over the past several years and I have to say I'm grateful for it.

"I'm still in process ... but I'm thankful for the great journey."

I haven't stopped pushing papers but I've come to understand the life and joy that comes from loving people more than committees or procedures.

It has also been a journey of building integrity, not merely dispensing authority. It has been a journey of making mistakes and finding out people still love you and then coming to the place where you no longer fear making mistakes, which actually causes you to make less of them. It has been a journey of realizing that one does not need to try to advance oneself, but seek to help others advance.

I'm still in process, of course, but I'm thankful for the great journey.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have helped me, in many ways, more than anyone outside of family. We have had our ups and downs, but I have always came away loving you and appreciating who you are. You're just a super person. I like hearing that it is your experience that you can make a mistake (as do I) and others still love you. :)

Unknown said...

Leaders (good ones) lead by example, mistakes included. I appreciate your transparency, honesty and foibles. I think you are refreshing! Of course we still love you!
A process, yes, a God ordained life long process. Praise Him for the ever changing landscape of the journey!
Blessings!

Anonymous said...

PK, I just wondered how you deal with being "on" all of the time when you have an off day? We all have down days, but you always seem to be smiling. My heart really goes out to you and Joelene for being in the fishbowl. I've never totally understood how some people can expect you to be perfect. The only person who was is Jesus.