Friday, October 28, 2011

SUIT

I have a bunch of little ‘suits’ laying out in my yard right now. It’s that time of year when all the leaves start falling. It’s been an extraordinarily beautiful fall around our house this year and I hate to see it come to an end, for a number of reasons. I can’t remember when I’ve seen such beautiful yellows and such brilliant reds about the yard.

Still, it heralds the coming of winter - one which, from all reports, is supposed to be heavy, if not brutal. We’ll see.

I used to think snow was God’s punishment on North-type people who were planning to use their vehicles in the winter to do something sinful. But I don’t believe that anymore - aren’t you glad? Some think snow is God’s dandruff but that’s just weird because if He’s watching over the entire world, I don’t see how He could just spread it in one area of one country. That makes no sense.

But I’ll enjoy what’s left of the fall before the power rake has to come out and the smell of burning leaves is enjoyed.

A little boy opened the big, old family Bible with fascination and looked at the old pages. Suddenly something fell out. He picked it up and looked at it closely. It was an old leaf from a tree that had been pressed between the pages.

Momma, look what I found,’ said the boy.

‘What have you got there?’ his mother asked.

With astonishment, he answered: ‘I think it’s Adam’s suit.’

And there ya go.

And be blessed.

No comments: