Wednesday, September 14, 2011

GAS CAN


I picked up a person walking by the side of the road today. He was swinging a red gas can in his hand pretty good as he went. Because of that, I surmised he was walking to get gas, rather than walking back to his car. (Did you catch my keen powers of observation and analysis there?) Where he was walking was miles from the nearest gas station and I knew he would have a long hike each way, not to mention a very tired arm and shoulder by the time he got back with the full gas can.

I did what we all do in that moment. I thought about stopping to pick him up, but drove on. I was in a hurry (aren't we always?) and it's the kind of thing you see on a regular basis. And you just don't stop.

Within 15 seconds, conviction was talking to me. I decided to do a U-turn and go back to see if I could help. I ended up driving a few miles to the nearest station with him and it gave us a chance to talk. God opened doors of opportunity for faith-sharing in those moments.

When we pray for doors to open, God opens them. Let's keep on praying that prayer.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PK..upload that puppy in smuddle and maybe Pastor Lisa will give you credit. Journey students are really starting to roll when it comes to praying with strangers, engaging the lonely, talking with servers at the mall, coffee shops, dinners, gas stations.. everywhere. You can be proud of your students..they are dynoooomite. Bet you haven't heard that word in a while. :-) Tks again for the worship time!! CJ