Monday, September 19, 2011

EAGLES

I've never met a person who woke up one morning going: 'I think I'd like to live in some turmoil today ... I think I'd be OK with the whole world collapsing around me today ... I think it would be great to have the rug pulled out from under my feet today.'

We don't need to say that or think it because that kind of thing seems to find us on its own. We don't have to look that hard for it.

Life is that way. There is no opportune time for trouble to hit. We walk blindly into hornets' nests and find ourselves nursing painful stings, vowing never to get hurt like that again, only to find we don't have the power to keep those dangers out of our path.

"God intends us to soar like eagles ... "

But this is exactly the point at which God ends up meeting us. He intends us to soar like eagles but we have so often become earthbound, miserable creatures who have lost the instincts to be who God created us to be.

None of us are capable of making it on our own efforts. We need God. Why should Jesus have endured suffering and death if we could do it alone?

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PK, it seems as if you are soaring. You have accomplished so much in your life. How do you do it? Is it because you are a pastor and everyone expects it? Or do you have some ability or outlook that I don't have now? I felt as if I were flying like an eagle when I was most involved in KFA...truly. I want to get back there. Any good advice...

PK's BLOG said...

I have no special abilities that causes me to soar. Put your hope in God, friend. He makes you soar.