Saturday, September 24, 2011

ACTION

Today was a great day serving alongside some KFA-ers for the Kenosha Day of Action at the Shalom Center.

I ended up painting a bathroom. I thought it was interesting that painting is one of my least favorite personal upkeep type of things to do - and there I was - painting. It took me about 15 minutes to get over that while I was on my knees rolling blue paint onto the wall. I started praying for the ministry of the Shalom Center and that brought me to my servant senses.

I'm constantly amazed how often it seems to be about us instead of about others. Unfortunately, it started being about me today -- fortunately, it didn't end there.

I think sometimes we get so consumed with the trivial -- the things we gripe about ... there are thousands of people headed for eternities separated from God all around us every day. Let’s have our emotions wrapped up in that - not in who won the latest game - who got the credit for this or who was responsible for that. Those are all artificial battles.

Let's ask God to give us a consuming passion to serve others.

And be blessed.

No comments: