Tuesday, August 16, 2011

SOAK


It was awesome to lead the chapel for our JMC - Journey Ministry College (www.journeycollege.com) students today. I loved the passion and heart that each of them spoke with - and as a guy who is probably older than most of their own dads, I felt tremendously re-energized when we were done.

I shared my life verse with them and encouraged them to get one before the year was thru. Mine is Acts 13:36 - "When David had served God's purposes in his own generation, he fell asleep" (insert your own name in place of 'David.')

Soak that in for a minute. You aren’t here just to get through life. You’re not even here to succeed with your own life plans. You’re here to fulfill what God has intended for you.

That changes things, doesn’t it?

When you get that, you start looking at every moment and opportunity differently. Life isn’t about 'what I am in the mood for' or 'what I can fit into my day.' Life is about being open to hearing God and what He may want and need from you and what He has intended for you to notice. I’m here to keep my eyes and heart open enough to be aware of the moments in which He intends me to act.

That’s why part of what we’ll do this year in our JMC chapels is just learn to hear from God together.

It’s one of the greatest skills you’ll ever need in the ministry - or anywhere.


And be blessed.

No comments: