Monday, August 29, 2011

FANTASY FOOTBALL

Our pastoral team selected our Fantasy Football Teams today. There are 12 people in our league this year so the picks came further and fewer in between, making it tough to get yourself a really good team, but ... as is my policy ... I'm sharing my 2011-12 team with you for your review. I did the best I could with it.

QB - Tony Romo
WR - Vincent Jackson
WR - Jeremy Maclin
RB - Arian Foster
RB - Felix Jones
RB - Michael Bush
TE - Dustin Keller
K - Stephen Gostkowski
DEF - Detroit Lions

The Bench:
QB - Joe Flacco
QB - Kevin Kolb
RB - Rashad Jennings
RB - Ronnie Brown
WR - Mike Thomas
WR - Steve Smith
TE - Chris Cooley

How'd I do? What are my chances? Your feedback is appreciated.

And be blessed.

5 comments:

Dave C. said...

It looks decent...especially for having to start 3 RB's. That's kind of crazy. I would try to trade Flacco or Romo for a #1 WR. You have one in Vincent Jackson, but your other receivers have quite a few ?'s. Maclin's a #2, and it's hard to say if the mono he suffered affects him this season. Mike Thomas is interesting, but Jacksonville has QB issues (Garrard is okay, and Gabbert's a rookie). I don't which Steve Smith you have, but the one in Carolina might not have much left and has a rookie at QB. The Smith in Philadelphia is coming off an injury is there #3 option (not many stats there). The rest of it looks pretty good...interesting pick with the Detroit defense. You'll get plenty of points for sacks, but you may lose some in points allowed. Their defensive backfield isn't very good outside of S Louis Delmas. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Both you front man QB and your bench warmer leave much to be desired. oh well...here's hoping.

PK's BLOG said...

Hey Wow. I needed you beside me during the draft! Great info. The reason I have 3 QBs is because I didn't realize the two I picked had the same BYE week, so I snatched up a 3rd. I was planning to trade one of them away at some point soon. Between Flacco and Romo, which would you keep?

Anonymous said...

Flacco for sure! Romo doesn't have much as far as receivers so your points with him would be minimal unless he goes to Miles Austin for every passing play of the season. Even then, not a great gaurantee...

Dave C. said...

I would keep Romo. He has better receiving options, his career numbers are slightly better and Dallas has a softer schedule. Once you've read this, you might want to delete it. If they read your blog they might see this info and not want to trade right away. ;-)