Tuesday, August 9, 2011

DEEDS


Good news and good deeds can't and shouldn't be separated. The good news explains the 'why' of the good deeds.

Both are the summation of Jesus' ministry. When He sent His big 12 out, He sent them to preach the Kingdom (good news) and heal the sick (good deeds).

That is not a tactic or a strategy. It is at the core of who we are -- good news givers and good deed doers. We have concluded that it isn't really 'church' if it isn't engaged in the life of the community thru service. Service isn't reserved for a few extraordinarily dedicated individuals; it is woven into the fabric of church and Christian life.

Join us.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just curious...when you speak of good deeds and serving, is KFA planning any organized serving opportunies? I know "Servolution" is coming up soon, so I wondered about that.

PK's BLOG said...

We have the DAY OF ACTION coming up in another month. Be watching for that. There will be announcements. But we have regular organized serving opportunities that you can be involved in throughout the year.

Anonymous said...

Yes...I will have to try to get the day off for The Day of Action, as I remember it being on a Sat. I have returned to ushering and I found I missed it. I meet so many more people that way. That is how I have met many of my friends from KFA.