Friday, July 22, 2011

PANDA


Based on the title, you probably think this is going to be about the cuddly black-and-white bears you find in
National Geographic or at the zoo -- but no -- it's about the new restaurant in Kenosha, Panda Express, where free food was being given out from 11 a.m. till 8 p.m. yesterday.

Joelene and I were there on Wednesday to get some take-home, and we actually paid for our food. They told us they were having an all-day-free-food-giveaway on Thursday and we should come back.

I drove by around 5 p.m. last night and saw a line of a couple hundred people snaked in front of the restaurant in 100-plus degree heat like they were waiting to get on the Screaming Eagle. I thought to myself, 'Do people really want free Orange Chicken and PotStickers that badly? Really?'

I drove back by an hour later - and another time after that - I don't know why - and the line was even longer. I just kind of shook my head in amusement and drove down the road to Starbucks, where I had a coupon for a free smoothie.

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I lived AZ for a yr, I loved that place! I have yet to go there in Kenosha, but ASAP I will be there! The very best place I went to, along those lines, was in Roseville, CA. I was a frequent customer. I love when Kenosha opens new retaurants! Options are awesome.