Wednesday, June 29, 2011

REWARD

It's fun to get rewards. There is a satisfaction knowing you have accomplished something and then, at the end of the run, there's a little prize waiting to say, 'Ya did good. Congratulations.'

But imagine a slightly different scenario. One where you were told: 'I have a huge reward waiting for you and I want to work closely with you - shoulder to shoulder - for you to receive it. The path is probably going to be trying at times. You'll be rolling up your sleeves and working hard a good amount of the time. You don't have to be perfect at what we do together, just passionate and real. And when you get tired or discouraged, I'll be there to help you. And at the end of all that, you get everything that belongs to Me. I'll pass it all on to you.'

I think we could all get excited about a proposition like that one. I don't know about you, but my next words would probably be: 'Where do I sign up?'

That particular proposition and reward is everywhere between the covers of your Bible - and more - and better.

We don't even need to stress and strain in order to be found worthy.

We are being left in this 'will' an eternal inheritance - one that is incorruptible and undefiled - one that doesn't fade - one that has benefits here and now.

You can't buy it, you can't get it by being good or by being better, you can't earn it by giving more. You can only get it by giving your life to God in full - completely.

And be blessed.

No comments: