Saturday, May 28, 2011

WORLD CITIES


It's been a privilege of mine to be able to do some traveling, particularly over the past several years. I have six clocks on the wall behind my office desk that post what the time of day is in those cities -- all places I've had the pleasure of visiting --
Mexico City -- Hong Kong -- Tokyo -- Calcutta -- Jerusalem -- Capetown. Add to those cities fascinating places such as Paris, Rome, London, Bangkok, Manila and Shenzhen, China and I feel blessed to have been able to see so many magnificent and interesting sights over the years. I am grateful.

This past trip to Casablanca rekindled my desire to make a list of 'world cities I'd like to visit.' Just for fun, here are my top ten:

Cairo, Egypt
Beijing, China
Sydney, Australia
Abu Dhabi, Dubai
Prague, Czech Republic
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Barcelona, Spain
Stockholm, Sweden
Athens, Greece
Lima, Peru
Moscow, Russia

OK - that was eleven, but not too much to ask, right?

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to too many places but, I always wanted to go to Paris and London. Were they fabulous? Paris just seems so romantic and I have a bit of a fascination with the Royal Family..esp now, with William and Kate.

The very most gorgeous place I have ever been was to Maui in Hawaii. It was the closest place to Heaven I've ever been. The beaches have white sand, the ocean is the most beautiful blue, we got to go snorkeling and the fish swam right along side of us. We got to go to a luau. The whole trip was amazing.