Sunday, May 15, 2011

MOROCCO - I


The last two days have been amazing in the country of
Morocco.

We visited the third largest mosque in the world -- Hassan II (named for the present king of Morocco - pictured at right). It has the tallest minaret in the world and is built right on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean.

Please pray with us for the people of Morocco.

Last night I was privileged to speak at the appreciation banquet for the Casablanca International Protestant Church. What a great group of people who love God and are living here in Morocco. I spoke on the John 6 passage where the little boy shared his lunch with a mob of 12,000.

This morning some of our pastors spoke at various churches in Casablanca and Rabat. Some of the congregations were French-speaking and others were English-speaking. I love knowing there is a family of God in every nook and cranny of the world.

Pray for us.

And be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were there. I know virtually nothing about Morocco, so I can't help but wonder, why there? I can assume if you visited the largest Mosque, that it is help bring Muslims to Christ...or,at least, lend support to those who are Christians there. I'll be interested to hear more. Be safe...

Anonymous said...

Just curious...how hard is to quickly adjust to a new time zone? I fell asleep for a bit, but it is 2 AM here and 8 AM there. I am an extreme night owl tho.