Thursday, April 14, 2011

MUSIC

It was a crazy experience as I walked thru our building today around 10 in the morning. I was on my way to Christian Life School chapel, where I was scheduled to speak.

To get there, I had to walk thru the main lobby of KFA where the Encore group (west of 60 years old) were meeting. They had some great Gaither-ish type music playing -- stuff I could sing by heart. Everybody was sitting around talking and the music was kind of in the background, but loud enough to sing along.

When I arrived at the H20 hall, where 400 students and teachers were streaming in preparing for chapel, I noticed they were playing on the screens some hip-hop Christian music video. It was pretty far removed from what was coming from the lobby speakers where I had been two minutes earlier. The student worship team led in 25 minutes of non-stop singing - passionate and sincere - and ear-blasting loud. Radical and awesome.

After I was done speaking, I walked back toward my office. I had to pass by the Children and Family Ministry auditorium - so I stuck my head in there and there was some kiddie music playing - something synthesized sounding and lively.

I finished the journey back to my office, where my administrative assistant was playing some fourth kind of music that didn't fit any of the other three I'd just heard. I am proud of our diversity and our passion to reach different age groups in ways that are relevant and current without removing the message of the Kingdom. And we're all on the same team - that is most incredible of all.

Way to go, KFA! Proud of you.

And be blessed.

No comments: