Thursday, March 10, 2011

RINGTONE

I heard someone's phone ring the other day and they had a really long Christian tune set as their ring tone. I didn't know if they let it ring as long as they did because they really liked the song, but I literally heard the entire hymn play before they answered it.

My own ring tone is this nondescript 6-string guitar vamp. It's not fancy, but it works - and it's subtle.

I actually can't decide if I like the spiritual element attached to ring tones ... like when you’re hanging out with someone at Quizno's and all of a sudden their phone rings and starts blaring out 'Lord, I Lift Your Name on High.'

Some others I've heard are: 'Amazing Grace,' 'The Hallelujah Chorus' (would you PLEASE answer that?) ... 'Shout to the Lord,' 'This Little Light of Mine,' 'Swing Low, Sweet Chariot,' 'The Bridal Chorus,' and The Macarena' (OK, that isn't Christian; it's just annoying).

Personally, I'm considering downloading "Jesus Take the Wheel" to mine.

And be blessed.

3 comments:

Diane Hall said...

"Jesus Take the Wheel" was our theme song for the last India missions trip! I'm sure you can figure out why! Lol! (just a side-note for you PK!)

Whitney Thulin said...

Funny.

Unknown said...

I recommend this one that I just heard for the first time today: Jesus is Coming by the Bellamy Brothers. Oh no he didn't!