Wednesday, February 9, 2011

TESTIMONY

I was talking with someone about giving their personal testimony of when they came to faith and they told me they didn't really have one. They're a Christ-follower, yes, but they don't have a testimony. Come again? 'Yes, I have been forever changed by Jesus, but I have no testimony.'

How can that possibly BE?

“Well, I grew up in church and gave my life to Christ when I was five. I had a sip of a Near Beer once in high school and got really convicted so I re-dedicated my life to God. That's my story and I'm sticking to it."


OK, that IS kinda sleepy, but on some level being given new life should never be deemed as dull, regardless of the details. We should all be content and satisfied with our personal stories and know that God has perfectly positioned us to reach someone with it in our sphere of influence.

God uses the fact that you have children - that you can't have children - that you had a perfect family - that you had an evil family - that you got rich - that you're wallowing in debt - that you got healed of a disease - that you're currently struggling with a disease - God uses it ALL to reach someone in your daily circle that you are perfectly positioned to reach. I can't reach them with my story, but you can with yours.

I've never met somebody who recovered from a horrible car accident, defying all odds, only to say: 'Yeah, my recovery is cool and all, and it’s nice that I am where I am, but I wish I could have been crippled for a little while so I could have a really dramatic, sweaty testimony.'

No. Come on. Be thankful that you have been rescued from sin - no matter what came before.

And be blessed.

No comments: