Thursday, February 10, 2011

BATTLE

I don't fight every single battle I come across. I can't. I used to think I could - or should - but I can't - and shouldn't. I fight less than I used to actually.

There is a poise to knowing what your place is - knowing how and where to apply pressure and when to maintain grace, distance and dignity. That's really the essence of power; not chasing down every battle you encounter.

So many people scatter their energy because they forget the real business they're in; they get distracted from the main thing. They try to take up battles that aren't really theirs to take up. Ultimately they lose the battles that are truly the most important ones because they are spread thin by so many other less important battles.

What battles have you been fighting that you need to stop fighting? What business are you really in?

And be blessed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen. :-) James Goll said basically the same thing in his book, "The Prophetic Intercessor." It went something like this:

We must keep our focus on Jesus. Often the enemy brings problems to the forefront of our lives for the sole purpose of distracting us from Jesus and to derail our pure devotion for the Lord. We do not need to war about everything; we can pick and choose which fights are important for us to engage in. We must let Jesus guide our use of authority, rather than wearing ourselves out fighting every battle that comes along.

Your blog reminded me of what he had said, since it has all been very good advice for me.